The-French-Link

Reflections of France

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, May 21, 2007

A Burst Of Petals

I love flowers just about as much as I do food. With food, there are flowers.......flowers in the garden, on the dining table, in the kitchen.........everywhere you turn, a rainbow of color appears.
Since the 1950's, the original flower markets of Paris have reduced in size and continue to dwindle away. Now, the sale of freshly cut flowers is permitted at the food markets. There are a few places, as in this location, that you still are able to see a burst of petals, however, the selection is quite meagar compared to what you can find in the flower shops that fill the city of Paris, and those you find at the open-air markets.
One thing still remains the same-you can find Parisians buying bouquets of flowers everyday, just as they would a fresh baguette . I love flowers........

5 Comments:

Blogger hexe said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and the encouragement about the end of "the first year". Gorgeous picture of the flowers.

May 22, 2007 1:05 PM  
Blogger by Danie said...

10 euros for a bouquet, it seems a bit expensive to me, but then, we are in Paris!
I am lucky enough to have the extreme pleasure to cut some flowers of my garden.

May 23, 2007 2:08 AM  
Blogger FrenchGardenHouse said...

Oh, this is perfect! In a few minutes I will be off to buy some new plants and flowers for my home. I haven't bought fresh flowers for two weeks (budgeting!) but now, my European heart aches for a few bundles.

Love that picture, and compared to here, 10 Euros for such a huge bunch of Tulips is CHEAP! :)
Lidy

May 29, 2007 8:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the idea of buying fresh flowers daily!

March 08, 2008 6:43 PM  
Blogger Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

Oh, you make me wish we were in France. On our visit to St. Remy de Provence they had beautiful flowers in their marketplace also. That booth was one of the busiest of all and no wonder, every flower was perfect. Thank you for taking us to France. Love your blog and will return often.
Sam

January 23, 2009 11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home