The-French-Link

Reflections of France

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Fabulous French Bread




Making your own bread will bring you many compliments, however, I find bread making quite a challenge! After a day in the kitchen with flour scattered all over the place, I am ready for lots of compliments! (Not to mention how wonderful the entire house smells while baking fresh bread! )Undertaking the task of making bread is not complicated, but it does require many hours of your day.
Most of the recipes I use for making my French breads are from The French Farm House Cookbook , written by a familiar person to many of us, Susan Herrmann Loomis. Her bread chapter begins on page 314, however, my favorite bread recipe can be found on page 319, The Long Loaf.........
French bread is best when eaten the day you bake it-just a little food for thought!

3 Comments:

Blogger Betty Carlson said...

Bravo for making French bread. I got a bread machine for Christmas last year and enjoy using it, although it gives more American-style results. There's so much good bread to buy here, I've never felt tempted to recreate a baguette.

January 21, 2007 1:05 AM  
Blogger deedee said...

I rarely make bread here, but nothing beats fresh out of the oven bread and the way it perfumes the house as it's baking.

January 21, 2007 1:20 AM  
Blogger Suz. said...

Jann,
I enjoy this blog as well! When I visited my cousin and his wife in Paris, they lived in an apartment above a boulangerie. So, of course, every day, they had baking bread wafting through the hallway. Who could resist that?! :)

May 15, 2007 9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home