The-French-Link

Reflections of France

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, January 05, 2007

La Fraise



Strawberry just doesn't have the same ring to it as the French translation..... However you may pronounce strawberry, it has a universal appeal that is pleasing to most.
Tonight I made a syrup from the large and juicy, red all the way through, fresh strawberries. Our berries are in season now . That's about the only wonderful thing about January!
I cleaned two baskets of the berries and placed them in a medium saucepan along with two tablespoons of water and one tablespoon of sugar. I reduced the syrup until it reached the consistency I was looking for and then added 2 teaspoons of Cointreau. One minute with the immersion blender and the berries became a velvety-smooth sauce for my crepes! A very quick and easy dessert .........

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jann, Sounds deelicous!! Can't wait till our strawberries are in season in about 6 months!!! Then you can tell me how to cook crepes!

January 07, 2007 3:59 PM  
Blogger Jann said...

Is this a comment from my Carrie...I'm impressed!

January 07, 2007 8:45 PM  
Blogger Betty Carlson said...

Wow, this looks like a spanking brand new blog! I just started a new one (my third) on the same day with the same template! More than coincidence???

Thanks for your nice comments about my daughters illness. She's doing better.

January 10, 2007 8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jann,

You just brought back some very sweet memories for me. My passion (or shall I say obsession) with Paris came after my first taste of crepes in French class in the 6th grade. Wow, I just remembered another "beginning".

And wow, I chose the same template for my blog!

January 16, 2007 7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home